Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Planning Monday and Eat From the Pantry Challenge

I am enjoying this challenge so much. The menu planning is a new challenge for me as well and they are working great together. I haven't been to the store or eaten out all week, and I'm using up foods I've been ignoring for too long. I'm finding it easier to stick to my healthy, whole foods eating resolution too since I always have nutritious stuff cooked or at least planned. I didn't make everything on my menu plan last week because we had more leftovers to use up than I counted on. I STILL have one more bowl of tortilla soup to eat. It was delicious, but good riddance for now!

Today makes the fifth day in a row that I've exercised! John went for a walk/jog (as in he jogged, I walked) with me this afternoon when he got home from work.

OK my menu plan for this week:

Monday - Burritos with refried beans and leftover Texas Caviar from New Year's

Tuesday - Potato soup and cornbread

Wednesday - Spaghetti with garlic toast from breadmaker bread, salad

Thursday - Shepherd's Pie

Friday - Leftovers

Weekend - Family visiting and installing my new stove! So I'll have to play it by ear.

Thank you orgjunkie.com for Menu Plan Monday and Money Saving Mom and Fishmama for the Eat from the Pantry Challenge.

1 comment:

scrumptious said...

Your menu sounds great this week!

My boyfriend and I have been on an unintentional pantry challenge for the last couple of months. The food co-op where we shop offers 20% coupons every month, but they don't offer them during November and December, and we just couldn't bring ourselves to do much shopping anywhere where we would have to pay full price. I usually keep my pantry stocked to nearly disaster-preparedness standards, but we are getting down to the bare bones!

We each had a can of Hearts of Palm for dinner tonight. Enough said.