Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



Along with the Eat from the Pantry Challenge, I am joining Menu Planning Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie. I've been trying to be more consistent about menu planning and I'm excited about the extra motivation this is giving me! My biggest goal is to stop being a short order cook and help my kids adjust to eating a wider variety of foods.

I'll summarize breakfast and lunch since the idea of writing a menu for three meals a day seven days a week makes me twitch.

Breakfasts are usually multi grain cereal with frozen or dried fruit for me. The kids usually have Malt O Meal, tofu scramble burritos, cold cereal, or waffles.

Lunches tend to be simple; pasta, pb&j, vegan pizza, or leftovers.

Dinner:
Monday - Tortilla soup, chips and guacamole, veganized Sneaky Chef cookies with white beans in them

Tuesday - Chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread from the breadmaker, and Sneaky Chef Brainy Brownies

Wednesday - Vegnews Mac and "Cheese", carrot muffins

Thursday - baked sweet potatoes, navy bean soup, spinach, Sneaky Chef Health by Chocolate Cookies

Friday - Seitan chicken pot pie, pumpkin custard

Sat and Sun - leftovers, soup, pizza

3 comments:

scrumptious said...

Yum, what a delicious menu!

I wish I had you in my house baking tasty vegan treats and sneaking my veggies into them for me!

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! I hope it brings you much delicious organizational joy.

There aren't too many of us veggies/vegans on the MPM list, so I am always thrilled to find another compatriot!

I can't seem to sign in with my url so my blog is: http://inmybox.wordpress.com/

Erin said...

Thank you! I wish I had you in my house appreciating my efforts! My kids are extremely picky (though my ten year old is getting much better) and my husband is not vegan so it's very hit or miss.

MPM is so cool and inspiring. I was very glad to see other veggies on the list. Thanks for the welcome!

scrumptious said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, Erin!

Sloppy sushi is amazing - it takes all the fear and intimidation out of sushi!

It's really more like a cross between sushi and burrito - you eat the rice hot, right from the rice cooker, which eliminates the agonizing process of seasoning and fanning the rice, which is usually what stops me from making sushi at home. Don't leave out the flax oil - it's the ingredient that makes the whole thing totally magical.

Here are all the details: http://inmybox.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/faster-hotter/

If you end up trying it, let me know how it turns out!