Saturday, January 9, 2010

Feeling good!

I've exercised three days in a row. That's more of an accomplishment than it should be, I usually wimp out or get distracted after a day or two. I'm doing the Wii Fit free run while listening to podcasts on the mini trampoline because it's so cold out, but as soon as the temps are reasonable my dog and I are going to start Couch to 5k. Maybe tomorrow! I'm also drinking my green smoothies again even though it's cold. They help me so much to get my greens down and they help control my cravings better than anything I've ever tried. I think it's Dr. Fuhrman who says that getting all those nutrients in controls your appetite because your body isn't constantly needing something. There must be something to that.

The pantry challenge is a breeze so far. Of course we were pretty well stocked up, but it requires some planning ahead to soak beans and such, so I'm proud of myself for doing it instead of ignoring the dried beans in the kitchen while going out to buy canned. Made the Vegnews mac and cheese tonight and even the kids gobbled it up. I know I haven't had cheese in a long time, but this stuff is SO good that I don't know how anyone could not love it more than any dairy mac and cheese. I resisted the urge to add peas and tomatoes because I knew that would turn the kids off and I consoled myself with the fact that it already has potatoes, carrots, cashews, and onions in it.

No comments: