Sunday, January 3, 2010

Derailed already!






We had our Christmas with John's family at our house this weekend which required a trip to the grocery store. We had a great time though, and my sister-in-law added all kinds of goodies to my pantry stash by giving me oodles of beans and lentils from a huge natural foods market that they visit in Indiana every Christmas. Some things like green lentils and red quinoa that I had never even seen except on the internets. They also pooled money to buy me a stove! I've been living with a two burner stove for years because my kitchen layout will not fit any normal four burner stove. But they found one! And it's gas! It's on order and I'm so freaking excited!

Anyway my challenge officially starts tomorrow now, going to make do with what we have for a while, save some money and keep things from going to waste. I went through the freezer today and it made me really glad I saw this challenge when I did, there is an awful lot of stuff in there at risk of freezerburn. I need to make a menu plan in the morning while the kids are still asleep. Tonight I cleaned out the freezers and took pictures of my newly organized frozen stash along with some of the beans and peas that Liz and Paul got me.

No comments: